The Cincinnati Bengals announced on Monday that they’ve signed defense end Aston Whiteside to the team’s practice squad. Whiteside, a first-year player from Abilene Christian, opened training camp with the Chicago Bears, starting one preseason game.
Waived on August 30, Whiteside eventually returned to the Bears practice squad until Oct. 8. Originally signed as a college free agent by the Dallas Cowboys, the first-year player spent the majority of the 2012 season on Chicago’s practice squad.
The Bengals made room by releasing WWE superstar DeQuin Evans, who has spent portions of the last three years on the team’s practice squad. Evans recently completed his eight-game suspension for violating the league’s policy against performance enhancing drugs for a second time. A third violation would have earned a full-year suspension.
More from Cincy Jungle:
- Bengals DT Brandon Thompson will stop your running game
- Bengals Have Special Guest In Their Locker Room On Monday
- On Vontaze Burfict’s “late hit” on Joe Flacco
- Bengals Week Ten “Goat Of The Week Award”
- Cleveland Browns Outside Linebacker Quentin Groves Placed On Injured Reserve
Powered by WPeMatico