I can’t even remember the last time I was looking forward to a UFC event as I am for tomorrow nights UFC 168! There are 2 HUGE main events and I don’t think either will disappoint. I’m only going to predict the fights that are on the main card, so let’s take a quick look:
Chris Weidman (c) vs. Anderson Silva
– The first fight between these 2 men was the fight the world talked about. Nobody expected Weidman to take out Silva. However, I am glad Weidman took out Silva when Silva was acting cocky! This time around I expect Silva to go for Weidman early, if this goes more than 2 rounds I will be surprised (and upset). Silva in the past likes to take his fights the distance, in my opinion, just to retain the belt. If Weidman can win he will really elevate his career even more than it is now, and I believe will also make Anderson Silva take a look at his current career. Overall, Silva to become the Middleweight Champion once again. Here is a pretty cool look back at Silva vs. Weidman from UFC 162.
Women’s Bantamweight Championship
Ronda Rousey (c) vs Miesha Tate
– This is the fight I have been waiting for! These two women have no love lost between them, I believe that they will both go for blood. Ronda has beaten Miesha before so Miesha has something to prove in this fight. As bad as Miesha wants it I think Ronda wants the win more. Ronda in my opinion is the better fighter and will retain her championship. Here is a quick recap of her previous fight against Miesha in Strikeforce:
Heavyweight: Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne
– Barnett has an impressive record, but something tells me to go with Browne in this fight. It’s a Heavyweight fight so I don’t expect it to go past the first round.
Lightweight: Jim Miller vs. Fabrício Camões
– I’ve watched Miller before and don’t know much about Camões. So off of record alone I’m going with Miller.
Featherweight: Dustin Poirier vs. Diego Brandao
– Another fight I’m not familiar with. However I have been checking their stats and record. I think Brandao will give the better fight so I will go with him for the win.
That’s all the fights scheduled for the main card. What are your thoughts and predictions going into UFC 168?