It has been a crazy few weeks, I’ve been doing a lot of traveling so haven’t had a lot of time to discuss the current events going on. So today I am going to discuss last night’s Fastlane among a few other topics the past couple of weeks.
Seth Rollins & Kane & Big Show def. Dolph Ziggler & Ryback & Erick Rowan
– Not really sure why this was on the event, it could’ve easily been done on RAW. The only good thing was after the match Rollins, Kane and Big Show were attacking their opponents and Randy Orton returned to make the save. Looks like we will be getting Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania.
Goldust def. Stardust
– I had high hopes for this match, especially when Goldust said before the match he wasn’t going to hold back. The ending was botched but that wasn’t the only bad portion of the match. Hopefully these 2 only held back because they wanted to give their all at WrestleMania.
Bad News Barrett def. Dean Ambrose (DQ)
– Nothing special of a match here either, I could easily see this being a rematch at mania too but would like some other people given a shot. I am not feeling the Ambrose character at the moment, hopefully he changes some things up.
Tyson Kidd & Cesaro def The Usos to become NEW WWE Tag Team Champions
– One of the highlights of the night is Kidd and Cesaro winning the tag titles! I have no complaints about them but my complaint is Natalya. I love Natalya but if she is going to continue to be with Kidd and Cesaro she needs to turn heel. Natalya and Naomi can feud, it will give them something to do instead of being valets at the moment.
Nikki Bella def. Paige
– A sleeper of a Divas match. I’m not sure what the big divas match will be at mania, nothing really stands out. Unless they do a battle royal like they did last year.
Rusev def John Cena
– A little better of a match than I expected but it went on way too long. I was glad Rusev won, but I don’t know if this story is finished yet. If it isn’t, will WWE let Cena lose again? Guess only time will tell.
Roman Reigns def. Daniel Bryan
– This mach stole the show, both men left it all in the ring last night. Daniel Bryan brought the best out of Roman Reigns. I am just worried that Brock Lesnar won’t be able to do the same at WrestleMania. Remember Brock vs. Goldberg? Brock is limited in the ring and big guy matches always look good on paper but can never truly deliver. Time will tell on how the WrestleMania main event plays out. If Daniel Bryan would be added to the match at least he could help carry it and bring the best out of both men.
Also on the show, Triple H called out Sting. Sting answered the call and challenged Triple H to a match at WrestleMania. I’m not sure why WWE went in this direction, but I think the match should deliver. it was nice to see Sting debut the baseball bat in WWE since he has been without it the past few times.
Current WrestleMania 31 card:
WWE World Heavyweight Championship
(c) Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
Triple H vs. Sting
Possible WrestleMania 31 matches:
Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
Goldust vs. Stardust/Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
The NXT talent continues to shine. I am behind on weekly NXT episodes but did get a chance to watch NXT Takeover Rival, I will have full results later this week but I just wanted to express how great the NXT brand has become. As I always say, if you aren’t watching NXT you really are missing out on something special.
I was in Orlando last week while TNA was taping their “One Night Only” events. So I decided what the hell I’ve never seen a TV taping from TNA, I’ve only been able to go to live events. Let me just say how bad this experience was. They were taping in a smaller sound stage at Universal Studios, the crowd was incredibly small. I would say 100-200 max. The seats around the entrance ramp maybe had 20 people. There weren’t many people sitting on the side with the camera, they tried to make everyone sit on the opposite side so it looked like more people were there. There was no front row seating on the “tv side” if you wanted to be in the front row you stood which maybe 20-30 people did. Outside of that it was just bleacher seating.
Let me first say about the crowd, I don’t know what the normal crowd is like for TNA down in Universal especially when it was popular. Now, fans can come and go as they please. Most fans stop in for about a match and then leave, there was always a constant change of seating. I’m not sure how this will show up on the video, but I know I won’t be watching it to find out.
I was in the audience for the “One Night Only : TNA Classic” it was a 1 night tournament. I don’t know if the winner of the tournament won anything, I didn’t stay until the end and we were never told while I was there. The overall flow of the event was bad. Jeremi Borash would come out in between each match and talk about how they are on a commercial time out, um this is supposed to be PPV why would we be on commercial break? Then he kept hyping a 3 on 3 Knockouts match and said a few times it was coming up next but never happened until the end of the show. The whole event felt weird and came off bad. I couldn’t stay the whole show it was that bad. I wouldn’t recommend anyone purchasing the “TNA Classic”.