You must strive to make the world a better place.
Doing so comes from improving yourself and the environment. Being a fit, smart, high-performing human is awesome. But at what expense? If you leave a trail of pollution and an enormous carbon footprint, are you making a positive impact?
Seek to combine your ideal lifestyle with eco-friendly choices.
To help you with this, health and wellness expert, Gillian Mandich, is here to talk sustainable living.
A Yoga TuneUp Coach and former fitness competitor, Gillian is currently pursuing her PhD in Health and Rehabilitation Science. She also hosts a successful podcast and multiple TV shows, and serves as President of the Western Chapter of the Canadian Obesity Network.
Gillian specializes in helping you cultivate personal and environmental health. To learn how to implement her practices, tune in to Gillian’s insights on connecting your vitality with the planet’s.
Today’s Podcast Topics Include:
- 2:54: How did Gillian initially get into sustainable living?
- 6:49: How does sustainable living fit into the context of health and wellness?
- 9:37: Voting with your dollars
- 13:50: Non-GMO Corn and the bigger picture of sustainable living
- 16:43: How to choose sustainable products while shopping
- 21:34: Gillian shares her thoughts on eating meat
- 23:55: The BEST teacher about health and vitality
- 26:43: Sustainability that extends beyond your food
- 28:59: The toxic chemical in common cleaning products
- 31:06: Where does Gillian get her household cleaners?
- 35:29: Sustainable clothing
- 38:15: 3 things you can today to be healthier and reduce your carbon footprint
- 43:15: How gratitude connects to sustainability
Listen To The Jay Ferruggia Show
To listen, you can either hit the flash audio player below, or browse the links to find your preferred format …
- Click here to download this episode
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here for The Jay Ferruggia Show RSS Feed (non-iTunes)
Links From The Show:
- Onnit: Total Human Optimization – Use the coupon “Renegade” to get 10% off your next order
- RenegadeRoastingCo.com – Use Coupon Code “JFS” to save 25% on your order
- Nature Clean– For sustainable, toxin-free products
- Bronners – Soaps and grooming products
- Alo Yoga– Bamboo Clothing
- Etsy– Handmade products
- Find A spring– For clean, natural drinking water
And, if you liked the show a short review on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for listening.
Bonus: Gillian’s Household Cleaning Recipes:
All Natural Laundry Detergent:
- 1 cup castille soap
- 1 cup of (aluminum free) baking soda
- 1/3 cup coarse salt
- 7 liters hot water
- 20 drops of essential oil of choice (such as lemon, lavender, citrus)
Whisk all the ingredients together until the baking soda and salt are fully dissolved. Shake before each use. Use 1 cup with each load of wash (can be used in High Efficiency washers).
Notes From Gillian:
- I store my soap in recycled glass jars (for example the Santa Cruz organic juice jars).
- I ran a quick conversion, 7 liters is 1.8 gallons or 7.4 quarts if you prefer to “American-ize” the recipe 🙂
Easy All Purpose Cleaner:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 20 drops essential oil of choice (e.g. lemon, citrus, lemongrass)
Fill a glass bottle with water first, then add all the rest and mix well.
Notes From Gillian:
- You can also fill a glass jar with citrus peels, pour undiluted white vinegar over the peels, and leave them for a few days (and up to 2 weeks).
- Strain out the vinegar instead of/in addition to using the essential oils, and then add water.
The post Sustainability, Healthy Living, & Reducing Your Carbon Footprint appeared first on .
Powered by WPeMatico