Chronic disease is rising at an alarming rate and the current healthcare model is failing us.
Chris Kresser, my guest in Episode 208 of the #RenegadeRadioPodcast, has a plan to help stop the crisis.
Chris is a globally recognized expert in functional medicine, Paleo nutrition and ancestral health. In his new book “Unconventional Medicine,” he shows how combining proper diet and lifestyle with functional medicine can create a better healthcare model and provide more effective treatment to patients.
If you want to learn the most effective ways to prevent chronic disease and enjoy glowing health you won’t want to miss this episode.
Scroll down for show notes:
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to listen on SoundCloud
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Right-click here and choose “Save As”to download this episode
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, which I use every single day. What is Four Sigmatic? It’s mushroom coffee made with the active ingredient, Lion’s mane mushroom (also known as the “smart mushroom”). Lion’s Mane has long been used by Buddhist monks for better focus during meditation for years. I know you’re going to say you don’t want to drink coffee that tastes like mushrooms, but it doesn’t. Four Sigmatic:
- Is gut friendly and great for those who get an upset stomach from regular coffee.
- Gets you cranked up for your day, but not jittery and anxiety ridden because it contains less than half the caffeine of regular coffee.
- Comes in handy packets that you just mix with hot or cold water. Takes just a second to prepare.
Go to http://www.foursigmatic.com/jay and use the code JAY to get 15% discount.
This episode is also brought to you by ButcherBox, where you can get the highest quality grass-fed and grass -finished meat. They have free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork, burgers, lamb and more. As a listener of this podcast you get two FREE 10-oz rib eye steaks, plus $10 off your first order, plus FREE shipping.
Go to www.butcherbox .com/Jay to claim your special offer.
· Chris’ new book “Unconventional Medicine”. [5:21]
· 3 reasons why the healthcare system in the U.S. is destined to fail. [6:35]
· The alarming statistics on children and chronic disease. [15:41]
· The differences between traditional medicine and functional medicine. [16:42]
· How gut health impacts everything in your body. [20:50]
· The surprising symptoms of poor gut health. [23:19]
· How high stress and failure to get enough quality sleep impacts gut health. [26:51]
· The food intolerance tests that he recommends. [33:28]
· His thoughts on the books and experts that say you should eat wheat and gluten. [34:39]
· Tips for eating healthy on a budget. [39:34]
· Can grains and legumes be eaten without issues? [43:08]
· Why a diet that includes high amounts of whole food carbs will not cause issues for healthy, active people. [45:54]
· Why periodically following a ketogenic diet can be healthy but long-term use can have negative effects. [52:18]
· When should people avoid Intermittent Fasting? [1:01:13]
· Chris explains adrenal fatigue and effective ways to treat it. [1:03:51]
Connect with Chris:
Mentioned in the Episode:
· Chris’ books “Unconventional Medicine” “Your Personal Paleo Code” and “The Paleo Cure”.
· The Kresser Institute
· California Center for Functional Medicine
· Robb Wolf
· Dr. Mark Hyman and the Cleveland Clinic for Functional Medicine
· Iora Health
· Alice Waters restaurant Chez Panisse and the school lunch program
· Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
· 30 Day Reset diet
· Cyrex Tests
· Clean 15 – 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic
· Thrive Market
Thank you for tuning in and subscribing. I appreciate every one of you that takes the time to listen.
Powered by WPeMatico