Download the Ronbo Sports app to join the show
Starting at May. 11, 6:12 PM PDT
The #49ersfans biggest complaint this offseason has to be why didn’t John Lynch & the #49ers address the secondary? IT seems that Sherman isn’t worried about the team’s lack of additions in the secondary. While much was made during the offseason about the 49ers needing help at cornerback and safety, The #49ers made only minor lateral steps at those positions. Sherman shares the front office’s view that adding new players to the defensive backfield wasn’t necessary to improve that unit.
Also Sherman takes exception to any accusations about the job he and his teammates did in 2018 saying: “The secondary wasn’t the issue last year,” ‘We’d lose games by a touchdown down the stretch, the last second. It’s not like, ‘Oh man, the secondary was just getting killed the whole game and that’s why we lost.’ It was just guys’ immaturity, mistakes, just not executing. Not knowing how to finish, not having finishers.”
There is truth to what Sherman believes. The 49ers lost six games by eight points or fewer, and several of their losses came down to the defense’s inability to get off the field on third down. They were 21st in the league in third-down conversion rate allowed.
sherman went on to echo the front office and coaching staff’s evaluation of the defense’s needs. Sherman’s feelings are that improvements in the front seven will by proxy make the secondary better.
“We needed guys to hit (the quarterback) in the face,”
“You need a few of them. Now we have guys that can rotate in and rotate out and put pressure.”
Is Richard Sherman on point, or do the 49ers still need added personnel?
Audio only Callers :
▪ Dial the call in number : 650-524-5296 to join the conversation.
▪ You will need The “PIN number” that can be found exclusively in the Ronbo Sports app!! (The PIN number will change weekly)
Video Callers :
▪ You will need the invitation link to join the meeting that can be found exclusively in the Ronbo Sports app!! (The link will change weekly)
▪ Earbuds with mic attachment are an absolute MUST! We also ask that you not try and monitor yourself while on the live broadcast as it creates feedback.
▪ PLEASE TRY TO BE IN A QUIET AREA. TURN TELEVISION, AND RADIO OFF WHILE YOU ARE ON. YOUR MIC NOT ONLY PICKS UP EVERY LITTLE SOUND IT AMPLIFIES IT TO A VERY LOUD VOLUME. OTHERWISE WE WILL BE FORCED TO ELIMINATE YOU FROM THE EVENT.
Download the Ronbo Sports app for further instructions:
App store: https://appsto.re/us/BFepdb.i
Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodbarber.ronbosports