Download the Ronbo Sports app to join the show
Starting at Jun. 19, 6:30 PM PDT
Obviously the #49ers are going to start the first round draft pick Nick Bosa. However, aside from the obvious could Dre Greenlaw be a candidate to relieve the 49ers at the SAM linebacker and put them in position to not have to depend on Malcolm Smith who is a liability in coverages. At the same time the team would then have the option of a cash savings by cutting Smith. Or, is Smith valuable as a vet presence that should continue to play at least that role for one more season?
The 49ers spent a second-round pick on a wide receiver for the second successive year, and Deebo Samuel is anticipated to be immediately thrust into a starting role in his rookie season. Deebo has “Z receiver” written all over him, and also brings the toughness that the vacated Pierre Garcon brought to Shanahana’s offense. The only issue is that Dante Pettis who is slated to play across from Samuel at the “Y receiver” is only in his second season. The combination of the two young receivers would be one of the most inexperienced duo’s in the NFL. There are plenty of vets on the roster, like Marquise Goodwin, Kendrick Bourne, & Jordan Matthews who could be placed opposite of Pettis, but should Shanahan wait a bit for some seasoning with Samuel?
Another interesting competition is in the tight end room. Garrett Celek has left an opening for another tight end to play opposite of George Kittle. Levine Toilolo is going to be hard to stop from earning the spot with his time in the league and more importantly his time with Shanahan and his offense.
Kaden Smith would have to be considered a long shot but we don’t know what any of the newbies look like working with Jimmy Garoppolo just yet. Who would you gamble on to be the most impressive tight end in camp not named George Kittle?
Audio only Callers :
▪ Dial the call in number : 650-524-5296 to join the conversation.
▪ You will need The “PIN number” that can be found exclusively in the Ronbo Sports app!! (The PIN number will change weekly)
Video Callers :
▪ You will need the invitation link to join the meeting that can be found exclusively in the Ronbo Sports app!! (The link will change weekly)
▪ Earbuds with mic attachment are an absolute MUST! We also ask that you not try and monitor yourself while on the live broadcast as it creates feedback.
▪ PLEASE TRY TO BE IN A QUIET AREA. TURN TELEVISION, AND RADIO OFF WHILE YOU ARE ON. YOUR MIC NOT ONLY PICKS UP EVERY LITTLE SOUND IT AMPLIFIES IT TO A VERY LOUD VOLUME. OTHERWISE WE WILL BE FORCED TO ELIMINATE YOU FROM THE EVENT.
Download the Ronbo Sports app for further instructions:
App store: https://appsto.re/us/BFepdb.i
Google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodbarber.ronbosports